There are many digital resources that are available using your State Library card 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! To apply for a State Library Card contact your local library to receive one. The State Library of Kansas works with Kansas libraries to provide digital resources for all residents. Listed below favorite sites.
Login at www.kslc.org
If you forget your Kansas Library Card Number you can have it emailed to you:
I have a Kindle/Ipad. Can I get free e-books?
Yes! Ask any librarian for a Kansas Library Card. This is different from your library card with us.
- Login at www.kslc.org
- Find the section called “Digital Books Access.” Here you can find information on free digital ebooks and audiobooks.
- Click on the link under Digital Books Access that says “Digital Books eLending Services.”
- Select one of the ebook or audiobook services and follow the instructions to download any software or apps to start reading on your device. Each device is different, so find the instructions that match yours.
Now you can read magazines digitally using your smart device!
- Download Flipster app for your smart device. You can download this from Google Play or the Apple App Store on your smart device.
- Open your browser and go to https://catalog.nexpresslibrary.org/.
- Login with your library card from Doniphan Library District 1.
- Click on Access Flipster. Login. Select item. Download. While viewing your item, go to options and click on “Open In App”. It will download to be available while you are offline and will be available for 2 days to 2 weeks, depending on the magazine.
Links to System Sites:
Anything you check out on this site will be available to use in your software / app the next time you open it.
Recommended Free eBook Sites:
One Click Digital Audiobooks – Log in on the site, check out a book, then open your software/app to use it. Remember, login is the username/password you created during registration, not your card number.
Still can’t get it? Come in to your local branch and ask a librarian for help.
Information by Kansas State Library Card website.
Graphic Photo by cuteimage FreeDigitalPhotos.net